RESPONSIVE. PRACTICAL. CREATIVE.
What makes a real estate attorney a trusted advisor? It is the combination of sound legal knowledge, the desire and ability to grasp a client’s concerns and goals, and a sensitivity to dynamic deals. The attorneys at Ascension Law, offer broad experience in all aspects of commercial and residential real estate with a deep understanding of the legal elements and tools necessary to formulate solutions, assess and mitigate risk, and facilitate successful projects.
DEAL-MAKERS. NOT DEAL BREAKERS.
Our attorneys understand the commercial and residential real estate business and know that in today’s market, simply addressing legal issues or problems is not enough. It is critical to have legal counsel that can navigate legal requirements and regulations, and devise and carry out creative, yet practical solutions. We provide informed, efficient and responsive counsel to homeowners, entrepreneurs, small- business owners, developers, landlords, tenants, investors, and lenders regarding a full range of commercial and residential real estate issues for projects in North Carolina and throughout the United States.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE INCLUDE:
- Acquisition, Disposition and Development of All Real Estate Asset Types
- Closings: Contract to Closing
- Retail, Office, Warehouse, Medical and Industrial Leasing and Subleasing
- Construction and Permanent Real Estate Financing
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Lending
- Portfolio Management
- 1031 Like-Kind Exchanges
- Ground Lease and Sale-Leaseback Transactions
- Easements, Restrictions and other Development Agreements
- Formation of Real Estate Related Business Entities and Joint Ventures
- Real Estate Related Litigation
- Condemnation and Eminent Domain Claims
- Construction Liens
- HOA Disputes
- Landlord/Tenant Law
- Title Examinations and Opinions
- Boundary Line Disputes
REPRESENTATIVE TRANSACTIONS INCLUDE:
- Represented regional developer in refinancing of a $90,000,000 loan
secured by a 581,000 square foot shopping center, together with a
securitized loan. Also included giving and obtaining North Carolina
enforceability opinions, Delaware UCC opinions and non-consolidation
- Represented client in the acquisition of 3 acres near Uptown
Charlotte on the light-rail line with related brownfield issues and
development of a $50,000,000 multi-family planned development of 331
- Represented owner of office portfolio of 750,000 square feet in
leasing to office tenants. Negotiated issues such as rights of first
offer and refusal, expansion and contraction, early termination rights
and tenant improvement allowances.
- Representation of retail developer in the acquisition of a property
located within a mixed-use development and drafting and negotiation of a
reciprocal easement agreement with hotel owner, common area owner and
other retail owners.
- Represented a regional retail developer in the acquisition of
undeveloped land for a 130,000 square foot shopping center anchored by a
major grocery store, drafting of related covenants, conditions and
restrictions and negotiation of all financing documents.
- Representation of regional developer for single-tenant and
multi-tenant buildings projects located throughout the Southeast and
Midwest, including work on acquisition contracts, due diligence, leasing
to national tenants, easement agreements and other development issues.
- Negotiation of ground leases, reciprocal operating agreements,
restrictive covenants, leases and outparcel sales for developer and
- Representation of clients in lender and equity investor negotiations
for acquisition, development and construction financing, and drafting
of associated opinion letters.